Monday, February 25, 2008

Peep this


Okay, so most of you know that I love peeps (the marshmallow candy). I have been so excited recently because all the stores around my work have put out their Easter candy selections, and I have been buying a pack a day. So Friday at lunch I went and got my peeps and came back to my office and inhaled my ten hot pink chicks. Then I got to thinking....I wonder what peeps are made of? And then I thought HOLY SHITAKE I bet they are made of gelatin. And we all know what gelatin is.....Gelatin is a protein produced by partial hydrolysis of collagen extracted from the bones, connective tissues, organs, and some intestines of animals such as the domesticated cattle, and horses. I almost cried, it really sucked all the fun right out of my Friday. I guess it was a good thing I had already eaten my chicks. So long peepers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

get revenge. microwave them. kill in the name of those who died. then eat them.

iieeetron said...

I thought you were vegetarian now, not vegan!

They do make gelatin out of animal alternatives though, like veggie gelatin, I believe. You're in NYC! I bet there's a veg. store/ restaurant that sells vegan peeps:D

<3 Erin

lian said...

i fuckin LOVE horses' hooves! them janks is bangin!