Thursday, October 2, 2008

Paris Fashion Week

So after looking through the collections from Paris Fashion Week for S/S 09, I must say that Christophe Decarnin has taken my heart. From the ripped acid wash jeans, studded shoes, to the AMAZING shoulders on that jacket, I am in love. Usually, the only person in Paris who has my heart is Nicolas Ghesquiere. But when I saw the Balmain collection, I was simply in awe. The military detailing on the jackets and the conical shoulders are just genius. And the denim was to die for. Balmain usually does not mesmerize me this much, Balenciaga is usually my go to for that. But as of late, I feel a few other designers--namely Christophe Decarnin and Riccardo Tisci--are really starting to grab my attention. And while no studded shoe will ever be as great as these Rodarte's below.....Balmains studded sandals are pretty damn close!

No comments: