Monday, August 18, 2008

so yeah it's Monday.

Why does the weekend always fly by? At least in NYC, the workweek tends to fly by as well so I can't really complain.

So Joe was here for the weekend and on Saturday we did work out boot camp. Yeah, we're hardcore. But for some reason I got sick and had to sit out for a while. The leader put peppermint oil in my water and had me rub it on my belly and in about 2 minutes my nausea had disappeared. I never knew peppermint oil had that effect, wonder if it helps with motion sickness? If so, I'm going to lather up before I get on the Boltbus next time.

Speaking of Boltbus, if you know me you know that I have been really apprehensive to take the bus to DC. I have heard many a horror story about mishaps on the Chinatown bus and others and I just didn't want to be part of it. But since I am not the baller I would like to be I finally had to give in and take the bus. And to my surprise it was not bad at all. Except for the fight that ensued when one passenger punched another passenger in the head twice before leaving NY and then stood in the aisle for all of a minute screaming about how much he hated crackers. And I don't mean triscuits. It was awkward, but after he was thrown off we were on our merry little way. And on the way back the couple in front of me made out the ENTIRE way. I thought maybe they were little high schoolers who were trying to get in all the making out they could, but then realized they were wearing wedding bands. Like, seriously, this could not wait till you get home?!

I don't usually like to rant about my pet peeves on here, but it really bothers me when people other than God or Nicolas Ghesquiere think their wants/needs are paramount to other people's! Because newsflash they're not! And no one wants to hang out with you when you think you're the coolest person around. Because newsflash I am. Just kidding, but seriously get off yo' horse!

And lastly, my sister just got a facebook account. What is this world coming to?

No comments: