Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yea the beat cold but the flow is anemic

So, I've come to the realization that there is a huge difference between temperatures in the 30's and those in the teens. When it's in the 30's, I think it's a bit nippy but refreshing to be outside, when it's in the teens I want to scream obscenities at the weatherman and curse myself for moving up North. I mean my 20-minute walk becomes hell when it's in the teens. And my face becomes numb, and when it's cold outside (anything below 40) my nose runs which isn't a big deal except when my face is numb and I can't feel the trail of snot oozing from my nostrils. But what can you do? I mean, I could take the subway to work but I hate hate hate the nastiness of that, so I would rather be a crusty snot face. Another thing I hate when it's this cold is that I have to wear gloves which makes it impossible to turn the dial on my iPod. So this morning on my walk I was fooling around with my iPod trying to get it on the playlist I wanted when I saw the guy beside me on the street talking to me, so I take my ear bud out and say "what?!" and he says "it's good to know that iPods don't freeze, you should be in an ad for them". To that I gave my usual half-smile/half-chuckle, my polite way of saying please don't bother me when I have my ear buds in! Unless of course, you are trying to tell me that I have a trail of crusty snot on my face.

No comments: