Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Amazing Vintage Jacket



So after being so inspired from the fabulous vintage finds that I scooped while in Danville, I decided to hit my favorite vintage stores in NYC. Vintage shopping here is a lot different than in Virginia. In VA, I can find great pieces for dirt cheap, but like everything in NYC the vintage shopping also comes with a high price tag. So while I always see amazing pieces that I would love to add to my closet, I usually cannot afford them. So I was so happy to find this jacket on sale! It was marked down to $25 because it does have some fading and stains, but I didn't care because I love it! It has the greatest angular shoulders and bead detailing with big gold buttons! It's from the 1940's and has the most amazing craftmanship I have seen! The lining is silk and hand sewn in and the fabric itself just feels so different than anything you can buy in stores today! I wish I could see it on the original owner in the 40's and see what she wore with it! Don't you always wonder what other people did with vintage pieces before you bought them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg yes i think that same thing when i buy vintage

Valley said...

You didnt include any interesting commentary from your friend when you purchased the jacket.....