Tuesday, February 24, 2009

more do it myself projects.

The above photo of Lindsay Lohan was in Harper's Bazaar a few months back....I think it was November. I instantly fell in love with the shoot. She was styled so wonderfully throughout it all. But more importantly, I fell in love with those jeans. The credits said they were DKNY and available at Macy's! I immediately went to Macy's the very next day, but of course the jeans were not there! Too early in the season. I have been checking back, and this past weekend they were finally in stock! However, I was beyond disappointed when I saw them in person. They looked nothing like the jeans in that picture. Nothing like them. They were the ugliest things I have ever seen. The denim was obviously of a much lower quality than pictured, and it was super stretchy. And the wash and paint/rip detailing was not even half as nice as the picture. I tried to find a picutre of them online but I can't seem to locate one.

I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. Mr. Q could see I was visibly disappointed in the much-awaited for jeans. He suggested buying a pair of Levi 501's and doing the jeans myself! What a brilliant idea, Mr. Q! We found a lovely pair of boyfriend jeans in the perfect wash with perfect rips; I cannot wait to get some paint and create my own jeans! I think they will look fabulous come this spring. I am probably waiting until I go to DC to take on this project, as it's a little too messy for my tiny apartment. But once I have pictures I will be sure to post them!

No comments: