Monday, April 6, 2009

illy competes with starbucks double shot?


So today after lunch, I went across the street to the deli to grab a Starbucks Double Shot. I was shocked to find it's place on the shelf replaced with this Illy Issimo cappuccino drink! I had NO idea Illy was competing with Starbucks on this level. I have never seen canned Illy beverages before, is it new? I drink a lot of canned Starbucks products so if it's not new I assume I would have seen it before. The packaging is a little more enticing to me than that of Double Shot. I'm not sure how the two compare in price because I have a nasty little habit of not looking at the price. I'm sure being that Illy is Italian that it is probably a little higher in cost. But almost exactly the same on the taste scale. But I was SHOCKED to see that their canned cappuccino beverage is actually made by the Coca Cola Co. Which anyone who knows me knows that I just think the world of anything Coca Cola touches. Anyone know who manufactures Starbucks Double Shot? I can't seem to find it on the net. If it's Pepsi, then I'm officially an Illy Issimo customer.

3 comments:

Marian said...

seems to some many beverage options in states! wish we had more options.hope your well honey xx
marian

Anonymous said...

starbucks doubleshot is pepsi

Anonymous said...

I have become obsessed with illy issimo too- that little espresso one! I just saw it at Whole Foods today- so good!
PS- starbucks is pepsi...