Monday, December 29, 2008

amazing vintage furs




As I said yesterday, I have had some amazing luck thrifting here in VA. I found the above vintage faux fur on Friday for only $19.99! The sleeves are a tad too short but for that price I couldn't pass it up. It's also missing a button so I think I will redo all the buttons. Otherwise it's in great shape and I just love how 60's/Edie Sedgwick it looks!

Then this morning, I went to another thrift store in town and found this black fur coat for $15!! I couldn't believe it; the collar is actually real fur of some kind. And it has the name of the original owner stitched inside which I have pictured below. I'm so thrilled over these two coats--a vintage fur was something I was hoping to score while rummaging the vintage racks here in Danville. I had no idea I would find two lovely coats.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

there are absolutely some great thrift stores here in the D(d.c.)M (MD) V (VA)
top favs:
1. Unique Thrift Store in Silver Spring, MD - 301-431-7450
uniquethriftstoremd.com
2. Booth Goodwill at Arlington, VA
3. Secondi (www.secondi.com) in Dupont Circle, Wash D.C.
check it out