Friday, January 30, 2009

the hammer's just so hype. i'm dope on the floor and i'm magic on the mic.



So I have been lusting over harem pants for quite some time now, but have been too lazy to actually go out and search for them. When I was thrifting at home, harem/hammer/baggy pants were on my list of must-finds. After scouring the racks, I found a few possibilities and tried them on while Mr. Q stood outside of the dressing room spitting rhymes from U Can't Touch This. But alas, none of them turned out the way I wanted. So, I was super duper stoked when my equally fabulous friend in DC told me that Zara had them on sale for super cheap! Yesterday after work, I hammer danced my way down 5th Ave in search of the perfect harem pants. And Zara did not disappoint. I scooped up two pair for really good prices. One pair was missing a button, and after digging through the Zara button box for some time, I finally found one that was similar to the missing one, which I sewed on in the wrong place with the wrong color thread. I suck at stuff like that, but it's nothing my Mom can't fix when I go home.

I am completely in love with them. I played around with a few looks last night--pictured above. They really remind me of being a kid. I was so obsessed with MC Hammer and would make my Mom make me Hammer pants in girly fabrics so I could dance around with my boom box. I wish I had saved all those pants.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

LOVVVEE!!!! Zara definitely didn't disappoint. Greg made fun of me when I showed them to him last night, but when I tried them on, he was like ohhhh, I like those! hahaha.

p.s. this post totally cracked me up. You are the greatest!

p.p.s. next time you see your mom, you need to scrounge up some pictures from your younger hammer pants days, and I'll try to do the same. I'm going to my mom's this weekend!

EM said...

nineteentwentynine LOVES harem pants too! Check us out and let us know what you think! www.comesha.wordpress.com
xoxo